- The library entrance has changed a bit following the development of the new My Birkbeck Helpdesk. Even more important to note is that the exit has moved, so to avoid getting trapped in here remember that the exit is now adjacent to the entrance!
- We have extended our opening hours at the weekends so we will be open 10:00-23:45 (self-service after 18:00) on Saturdays and Sundays. Full details at: http://www.bbk.ac.uk/lib/about/hours.
- Term-time hours commence on Monday 21st September.
- Fines on One Week Loan items will increase to 50 pence per day from the 28th September. We are also introducing a £5 administration charge for non-returned items when we have to start ordering replacement copies. You can easily avoid these charges by keeping your library account up to date and renewing on-line or by phone as soon as we send you a reminder. Email reminders are sent out before your books are due back.
- We now use the contact email address on your student record to send library notices to you, please make sure it is up to date and is enabled to receive messages from us.
- We are updating the library PCs and installing Office 2007.
- And finally - please have a go at using our new catalogue interface which is being tested and let us know what you think.
Friday, 18 September 2009
Changes for the new year
The new academic year is almost upon us so it seems a good moment to welcome back returning students and to mention a few changes. As usual you should check the library website for all the details. In order to smooth over the start of term we have extended the expiry date for returning students to 31st October. As soon as you complete enrolment this will adjust to the end of September 2010.